Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Three Things I Will Not Do as a Mom

Every parent-to-be says things like, “Oh I will never be that kind of parent” and “I would never say/do something like that.” I wonder how many times these early affirmations actually hold true? I would guess not as often as one would hope.

Which is exactly why I am going to avoid making too many pledges about what type of mom I am going to be and what I will and will not do. Sure, I have a basic idea and I know the certain values I want to instill in my little Pippa. However, it is silly to think I have everything figured out already. I will do what works and fits into my overall ideals as the time comes.

That being said, there are three things I know for sure that I will not do when I am a parent. (If you can’t tell as you read the following, the inspiration for this blog struck me while I was walking through the mall parking lot to grab lunch this afternoon).

  • Everyone, here me now when I say I will NOT drive a minivan. Useful and functional…. Yes, maybe. But a nice cross-over or SUV can serve that same purpose without the instant soccer mom image.
  • I will NOT put a “Baby on Board” sign in my window. Those things drive me nuts. All I can think is, “Well good thing you told me that, because otherwise I was planning on running you off the road!”
  • I will NOT put a stick figure family in my rear window. Although, I have always thought it would be pretty funny to do that with one female decal, and about 50 cat decals, just so everyone would think I am a crazy cat lady.
 
 
Please feel free to call me out if in the future I am doing any of the above, and remind me of this very post.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment